Summer 2020 Risk, Internal Audit and Cybersecurity Internship
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Overview of Baker Tilly and the Risk, Internal Audit, and Cybersecurity (RIAC) Practice
Baker Tilly's Risk, Internal Audit, and Cybersecurity (RIAC) practice supports clients in managing their business, operational, financial, and related technology/cybersecurity risks. Our team members assist our clients with process improvements and problem solving in reviewing their risk environment. Our team assesses risk and consults with clients to provide recommendations to improve their control environment. This includes financial and operational risk assessments, performing the internal audit function, SOX 404 testing, and SOC 1 and SOC 2 engagements.
It's an exc iting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
As an intern with the RIAC practice, you will work as part of our team to deliver exceptional value to our clients every day. As part of your internship you will:
- Participate in our week-long developmental intern orientation designed to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to client engagements.
- Learn about how Baker Tilly works as a business and how we deliver exceptional value to our clients
- Engage directly with clients through meetings to better understand their business and the risks they face
- Use tools and techniques to assist our team members with documenting our observations and developing recommendations to improve our clients and their business
- Learn directly from mentors and additional Baker Tilly employees through a series of networking activities and an open work environment
- Work with team members within your office and across our national RIAC practice to expand your knowledge of financial and operational risk, internal audit, and internal controls.
Successful RIAC Intern candidates should:
- Maintain outstanding academic performance, with a GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Demonstrate an ability to solve complex issues within a team environment
- Be interested in a career path involving risk and controls surrounding financial, operational, and compliance areas
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship during the intern program and as a full-time employee
- Accounting major (or at least have taken intermediate accounting courses)
Back to top