Summer 2019 Internship (Risk, Internal Audit & Cybersecurity)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Our Risk, Internal Audit & Cybersecurity (RIAC) practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors and Certified Fraud Examiners who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet our client’s needs and to offer them unique solutions. Our team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including higher education, not-for-profits, professional services, healthcare, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, and other businesses.
As an intern in our RIAC practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings to include:
- Fraud and forensics
- Internal audit
- Information privacy and security
- Process improvements and operation efficiency
- Risk and compliance assessments
As a 2019 RIAC Intern you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and execute meaningful work engagements that have an impact on the business
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Learn directly from mentors and additional Baker Tilly employees through a series of networking activities and an open work environment
- Participate in our weeklong developmental intern orientation designed to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to client engagements
- Impact the surrounding community through volunteering events, such as Junior Achievement
- Contribute to an experiential learning project with groups of two to three other interns
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems or related program
- Availability to begin full-time employment in 2020
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills
- Outstanding academic performance
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top