Summer 2019 Internship (Financial Advisory Services) - Tysons, VA
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Our Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Chartered Financial Analysts, and Certified Valuation Analysts who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet our client’s needs and to offer them unique solutions. As a member of the FAS practice interns will have the opportunity to work on real world engagements in different service areas including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions (buy side support, sell-side support, quality of earnings, due diligence, transaction structuring)
- CFO Advisory Services (cash flow assistance, financial modeling, budgeting and forecasting, carve-out financial statements, integration services)
- Business Valuation (mergers & acquisitions, financial reporting, estate and tax planning, shareholder transactions, litigation and disputes)
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As a 2019 FAS Intern you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Engage directly with a variety of clients ranging from privately held businesses to publicly traded multi-national corporations
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018/ 2019 school year in an accounting (or related) program with sufficient course work to become a CPA before beginning full-time employment in January 2020 or October 2020.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
Back to top