State & Local Tax (SALT) Senior Associate
- Minneapolis, MN
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
At Baker Tilly, w e live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
We are seeking a SALT Senior to join our Minneapolis office.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Research state tax issues including nexus determinations, taxability analyses and quantification of potential liabilities
- Assist clients with various compliance matters including state tax return preparation, sales/use, and unclaimed property
- Review tax returns completed by staff and provide recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities
- Assist with addressing issues and questions for internal and external clients
- Respond to notices issued by state and local taxing jurisdictions
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes research and preparing written protests
- Assist with voluntary disclosure projects
- Prepare memoranda on state and local tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs
- Prepare ruling requests and respond to state and local tax audits
- Assist with due diligence projects
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisals
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in the multi-state tax area, comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA and/or Masters in Taxation preferred
- Three (3)+ years experience in state and local tax
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in State Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, with Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
Back to top