State & Local Tax (SALT) Associate
Experience the difference, experience the Baker Tilly difference. Be relevant, dedicate yourself to one industry and become the expert every client desires. Be challenged, experience greater responsibility and learning opportunities earlier in your career. Be someone, don’t be a number. We treat everyone as individuals with their own unique goals and aspirations. Be heard, your opinions and contributions matter – everyday.
At Baker Tilly, we live core values of collaboration, integrity, passion and stewardship. They represent who we are, what we stand for, and what we are working together to achieve. We embrace an inspiring workplace that provides opportunity for our people to learn, grow, and contribute while being solid corporate citizens, engaged in and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Join us as a SALT Associate and begin to make a difference!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Research state tax issues including nexus determinations, taxability analyses, conformity, and tax planning and transactions.
- Assist clients with various compliance matters including state income/franchise estimates, extensions, and return preparation.
- Assist with state tax planning projects including analysis, documentation, and presentation of conclusions.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes research and preparing written protests.
- Assist with addressing issues and questions for internal clients and potential prospects.
- Assist with quantification of potential liabilities and voluntary disclosure projects.
- Prepare memorandum on state and local tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- BS in Accounting and CPA or qualified to sit and currently pursuing designation.
- One (1) plus years’ experience in state and local tax, three (3) years experience ideal.
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in Income/Franchise Tax/Gross Receipts Taxes, Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, and/or Credits and Incentives; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, strong writing and communication skills, and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- Demonstrate ability to work with core team members located in Baker Tilly's Milwaukee and Minneapolis offices.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
Back to top