State & Local Tax (SALT) Associate
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly! We are seeking a SALT Associate to join our Philadelphia office.
- Research state tax issues including nexus determinations, taxability analyses, conformity, and tax planning and transactions.
- Assist clients with various compliance matters including state income/franchise estimates, extensions, and return preparation.
- Assist with state tax planning projects including analysis, documentation, and presentation of conclusions.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which includes research and preparing written protests.
- Assist with addressing issues and questions for internal clients and potential prospects.
- Assist with quantification of potential liabilities and voluntary disclosure projects.
- Prepare memoranda on state and local tax issues for individuals, corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- BS in Accounting and CPA or qualified to sit and currently pursuing designation.
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience in state and local tax.
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in Income/Franchise Tax/Gross Receipts Taxes, Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, and/or Credits and Incentives; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, strong writing and communication skills, and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top