State & Local Tax Lead Director
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Proven market leader to take ownership of and lead our SALT practice expansion initiative in the New York market
- A key influencer in the market place, have deep long-term relationships with tax executive decision makers with the opportunity to work in the private equity, manufacturing, distribution, technology and retail sectors
- Collaborate with Baker Tilly partners and senior managers on proposals and business development initiatives with SALT components to attract new and existing clients
- Lead, manage and deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services including tax compliance, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, and counseling client in defending against state audits
- Manage multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews to analyze income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, valorem taxes, and others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures which can reduce the client's tax burden
- Consult, work with, service and make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a value architect to clients as well as prospectsMaintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise, comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Hire, manage, develop, and mentor SALT teams on projects, assessing performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- B.S. in Accounting or Law required, advanced degree desired
- CPA or JD required
- Ten (10)+ years of progressive SALT consulting experience
- Proven ability building profitable long-term client relationships and managing numerous engagement teams on multiple client projects
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, with Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
Back to top