Staff Consultant- Healthcare
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As a member of the Staff Consultant Program you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and execute meaningful work engagements that have an impact on the business
- Collaborate with experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge
- Conduct analysis and data mining of project-related data including medical claims, physician and hospital rates and other healthcare related data
- Identify and interpret patterns in the data and communicate these findings through effective presentations and reports
- Perform financial analysis and modeling
- Evaluate business processes, identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations to clients
- Conduct research in areas such as medical cost trends, healthcare outcomes, and government regulations related to client projects
- Assist in generating health economics models that display the impact of interventions and technologies on providers and payers.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- MBA or master’s degree in healthcare with outstanding academic performanc
- Relevant internship or work experience in the healthcare industry
- Healthcare provider and/or payor background, operations management a plus
- Data manipulation and analysis. Knowledge of cost-benefit/cost-effectiveness analysis methodologies desired.
- Time management: ability to manage multiple client related priorities
- High level of proficiency with Excel and Access based applications and environments; SQL or SAS programming experience a plus
- SPSS experience a plus
- Self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Experience with data mining
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Willingness to travel as required
Back to top