Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Are you seeking a unique and challenging career in finance with opportunities for growth and advancement? Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC, a business unit of Baker Tilly, provides financial advisory services to cities, towns, municipal utilities, school corporations, libraries, and a variety of other governmental clients. A career at Baker Tilly will allow you to make a difference in the communities we serve.
At Baker Tilly, we invest in our people. As you begin your career, you will enter our formal training and development program, and enlist in its offerings throughout your time at the firm. We believe in continuous learning and development and have a number of programs to ensure the success of our people.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
As a Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to specialize in consulting services to compile financial statements and improve client internal accounting and reporting processes. You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain more experience, more responsibility and greater opportunity earlier in your career.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing consulting and advisory services to our governmental clients as they prepare and go through their annual financial statement audit, review, compilation, agreed upon procedure and/or special projects.
- Gain experience and training in various areas, including preparing for audits, reviews, and compilations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of governmental clients’ finances by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance.
The clients of Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC are governmental entities of all sizes and types. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or an undergraduate degree with sufficient course work to sit for the CPA exam by September 2019.
GPA of 3.0 or above preferred.
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
Back to top