Spring 2020 Staff Accountant (Tax and/or Audit)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 141 countries, with 28,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.8 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
At Baker Tilly, we invest in our people. As you begin your career, you will enter our formal training and development program, and enlist in its offerings throughout your time at the firm. We believe in continuous learning and development and have a number of programs to ensure the success of our people.
As a Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to specialize in either tax or audit or start your career doing both! You will have the opportunity to:
- Gain more experience, more responsibility and greater opportunity earlier in your career.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing tax, audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Gain experience and training in various areas, including audits, reviews, compilations, risk management, tax return preparation (such as partnerships, S-corps, corporations) and tax research.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance.
Our clients are both privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development – from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or related field and sufficient course work to become a CPA before beginning full-time employment in January 2020.
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
Back to top