Small Business Tax Senior
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Lead client relationships on day-to-day tax matters supporting partners with service execution and development of extended services
- Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients primarily in the middle market area and with entrepreneurial family businesses
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinate with specialty tax practice on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international and credits/incentives area
- Assist and run compilation and review engagements
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Pro-actively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and work efforts; participate in performance appraisal process.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA completed or in process of completion
- Three years of experience in a professional services firm providing attest services and tax services
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Back to top