Senior Tax Associate - Financial Services
- Milwaukee, WI
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Services Tax Senior for our Milwaukee office. In this role, you will be mainly focusing on corporations, flow through entities and individual clients; although at times you may be exposed to other types of tax returns. Your role will also include assisting managers and partners with the client relationship, preparing returns, identifying planning opportunities, and providing additional services to clients. You will also need a genuine interest in developing a comprehensive understanding of the client's business and tax environment.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Join Baker Tilly (BT) as a Senior Tax Associate in our Milwaukee office! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused tax advisory and compliance services to middle market clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in Financial Services, including becoming an industry expert in the Insurance and Banking sectors
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical accounting skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
What you will do:
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various tax compliance and consulting services to industry specific clients:
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to C-corporations ranging from middle market to multi-state corporations and partnerships
- Participate in tax research projects on a variety of tax issues, including responses to tax authority inquiries
- Provide ASC 740, Accounting for Income Tax services
- Team with leaders to develop tax planning recommendations and strategies for the client
- Communicate and team with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, international, research and development, credits and incentives, accounting methods and tax controversy areas
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or law, or a related degree in business, and sufficient course work and credits to sit for the CPA and/or Bar exam in the state you are being considered
- CPA or JD license preferred
- Two (2)+ years of experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a public accounting firm
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational, initiative, adaptability and analytical skills,
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Back to top