Senior Tax Associate
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
Would you like the ability to focus on one industry sector and further become an expert for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Senior Tax Associate on our Private Client Group team! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused tax advisory and compliance services to High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth clients. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in a specific industry, becoming an industry expert to the clients you serve - Baker Tilly Industries
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to grow professionally and develop your client service and technical accounting skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various tax compliance and consulting services to High Net Worth Clients and their closely associated entities:
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to high net worth individuals including trust & estate taxation, gift and private foundation tax, and partnership taxation
- Participate in tax research projects on a variety of tax issues, help to draft IRS responses and address other tax authority inquiries
- Team with leaders on special projects in various areas of flow through taxation, special allocations, and more
- Develop recommendations for the client to consider and share with leadership to discuss and strategize
- Communicate and team with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or law, or a related degree in business, and sufficient course work and credits to sit for the CPA and/or Bar exam in the state you are being considered
- CPA or JD license preferred
- Two (2)+ years of experience providing tax compliance and consulting services in a public accounting firm, experience with high net worth taxation preferred
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration, and problem solving
- Strong leadership, project management, organizational and analytical skills, initiative, adaptability
- Microsoft Suite skills
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top