Senior Proposal Writer - Pursuit Strategy Team
- Milwaukee, WI
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As we continue to navigate the impact of COVID-19, you may encounter a longer job application, interview experience and/or a deferred offer of employment for this position.
- Lead priority pursuits
- Write and tailor compelling and persuasive copy to support all aspects of proposals and related presentations and sales materials within client expansion and new business opportunities
- Facilitate and contribute to proposal strategy and solutions conversations using the firm's processes and procedures
- Collaborate with pursuit manager on win strategy
- Coordinate proposal projects, including scheduling and participation in meetings with partners, business development professionals and other key stakeholders to develop proposal strategies and articulate proposed solutions, including proposal kick-off strategy session
- Conduct research to support the development of a proposal
- Write, edit, format and proofread proposals
- Develop proposal-related presentation materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI) or request for qualifications (RFQ) instructions and requirements
- Coordinate with all Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) contributing to the proposal effort
- Adhere to quality principles (responsive, compliant, concise, persuasive), firm brand guidelines and other criteria for compelling and consistent messaging and presentation
- Coordinate proposal production process, working with administrative support as appropriate
- Archive, track and monitor results and gather feedback to tailor and improve future proposals and maintain documentation required according to proposal protocol guidelines
- Develop new proposal content and update content repositories, as needed
- Create charts, graphs and illustrations in support of proposals and presentations; identify and reuse existing graphics and visuals in documents where relevant; and consult with stakeholders to help develop graphical representations of concepts
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team as needed
- Work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Provide writing and other marketing support as needed
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in proposal writing and in the services we provide
- Integrate new knowledge, skills and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned, including participating in special projects
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of writing experience, including proposals/RFPs
- Advanced writing, proofreading, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Executive presence, strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others
- Excellent project management skills to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to understand complex services and value propositions and communicate them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Working knowledge of a professional services/B2B organization preferred
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word, particularly using editing/collaborating functions; additional skills in InDesign and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Qvidian and APMP proposal practices
Back to top