Senior Manager – National Tax - International Tax Services
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently looking for a strong Manager or Senior Manager to join our International Tax Services team in our National Tax Practice in the East Region. This individual will work closely with our International Tax Specialists across the firm to assist our clients effectively manage their global tax and reporting obligations, as well as implementing global tax strategies. This individual will also have the opportunity to work closely with our National Firm Leader and East Regional Leader to enhance our international tax service offerings. You will also work closely with international tax professionals from around the globe as part of the Baker Tilly International team. Our International Tax team provides knowledgeable insight and service in these key service areas:
- International tax planning and structuring
- Transaction Tax - consulting on cross-border transactions
- Transfer pricing and Supply Chain Planning
- Human Capital- Employees on foreign assignment
- International tax compliance and outsourcing
- Advise clients on complex U.S. international tax issues including 965, GILTI, FDII, BEAT, as well as managing global business transactions
- Supervise multiple international tax engagements and contribute to the delivery of quality tax planning and consulting projects for our clients in various industry lines
- Build and manage client relationships and deliver international tax services to our partners and clients that exceed expectations
- Retain, develop and guide client service team members by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to complex situations
- Provide technical guidance to tax professionals firm wide
- Proactively build relationships with the client personnel projects; communicate effectively with the tax team to provide superior client service
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. JD, MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA (or substantial progress toward the license) preferred.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services, preparing corporate returns and flow through entities. Some experience with multi-state and individual tax returns a plus.
- Familiarity with the US system of tax laws and regulations and tax research tools and resources.
- Familiarity, or some degree of exposure, to international tax provisions; cross-border issues; and US compliance for international taxpayers such as foreign tax credits, controlled foreign corporations, withholding regimes, tax treaties, etc.
- We will be willing to invest in the necessary international tax training for a high quality candidate with strong foundations in domestic taxation.
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
Back to top