Senior Manager Healthcare Consulting, Life Science Focused
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
Due to the continued growth of our Consulting practice, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager in the Life Science space to join our New York City or Washington DC Office. As a part of Baker Tilly Consulting, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client's most important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Our Senior Managers are actively involved in a variety of projects, with a focus on the life sciences industry, for the Healthcare Consulting Practice of Baker Tilly. The selected candidate will use their industry knowledge and technical, analytical , risk management, compliance and research skills in support of our clients' project needs in the practice areas of life science.
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
- Participate in a variety of healthcare projects including: market access strategy development; reimbursement policy research and analysis; data analysis and summarization; clinical article review and summarization, economic modeling for emerging technologies and strategic planning activities; regulatory compliance and risk assessment; due diligence, and commercialization strategy development
- Project responsibilities may include:
- analyzing large data sets and identifying and interpreting patterns and trends in the data
- preparing financial models and projections including models that display the impact of interventions and technologies on providers and payers
- provide in depth literature reviews
- conducting research (e.g., performing surveys and interviews, reviewing government and healthcare policies and procedures, reviewing clinical literature)
- evaluating business processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to clients
- managing multiple client-related priorities concurrently and resolve issues accordingly
- communicating project status regularly with project managers
- writing client reports including summarization of project objectives, approach and results
- participate in writing peer reviewed publications
- monitoring project time and deadlines to ensure completion of the project within estimated timeline and budget
- Participate in industry conferences and professional organizations
- Remain current on technical topics and industry trends as they relate to firm and client activities
- Bachelors Degree Required in relevant field. Advanced Degree highly desired.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in the management consulting in the life science with some combination of the following skills:
- Analysis of healthcare data
- Medical claim data analysis
- Understanding of pharma processes including risk management and compliance
- Provide research and analysis within the life sciences sector
- Assess health and performance of client businesses
- Strong analytical skills including proficiency in data manipulation and financial modeling
- Strong writing skills (experience in assisting with and/or authoring peer reviewed publications preferred)
- Proficiency with Excel
- Experience in the life sciences sector highly required
- Performance/operational improvement expertise is a plus (e.g., Six Sigma)
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- Time management skills; ability to manage multiple client related priorities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Willingness to travel up to 25% and the ability to work beyond core business hours due to client engagements
Back to top