Senior Human Resources Consultant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
Baker Tilly Vantagen is a visionary Human Resources firm - a business partner that balances people, technology and strategy to create a high-touch client experience. Baker Tilly Vantagen has been providing human resources consulting services to clients representing a variety of industries for over 20 years.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Consultant to join our professional services team. The work location for this position is flexible as regular travel, both regionally and nationally, is required on a regular basis. The individual in this position will function as a member of the consulting team and will be responsible for providing HR consulting services to multiple clients across multiple industries. Depth and breadth of HR knowledge across all functional disciplines is required including compensation, compliance, employee relations, benefits and talent management.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Provid e professional HR consulting services to multiple clients across multiple industries
- Build relationships with clients; conduct client interviews, facilitat e focus groups, and deliver training
- Con duct compensation analysis with extensive use of market data and resources to provide recommendations for implementation
- Perform HR Audit & Assessment services focusing on compliance, HR organizational structure and best practices
- Engage in HR Due Diligence processes including organizational compliance and the evaluation of HR policies regarding employment, benefits, etc.
- Conduct executive search for senior level positions
- Provide interim support for clients experiencing a transition in HR leadership
- D evelop client presentations for HR and management, for ongoing client relationships and for scheduling meetings with clients and issuing client data requests
- Writ e and review client PowerPoint presentations/reports including Excel exhibits and initial data conclusions, working closely with senior consultants on projects to determine the exhibits to be included in final client presentations
- Prepare project proposals , answer Requests for Proposals and attend prospective client calls
- Develop new tools and templates that can be utilized with multiple clients across multiple industries
- Deliver standard training programs for clients and contribut e to educational content that is regularly published through our Communications Department
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related studies
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, including leadership of projects or people
- Depth and breadth of HR knowledge across all functional disciplines including compensation, compliance, employee relations, benefits and talent management
- Experience with effective change management in complex environments
- Experience collaborating on regional and national issues and processes
- Ability to influence key stakeholders within and across organizations by utilizing strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to cultivate relationships at multiple levels of an organization and across key stakeholder groups to develop plans and deliver solutions that are best suited to the circumstances and the client
- Extensive experience in the use of excel and other data tools to conduct detailed analysis
- Focus on staying informed regarding the latest in federal and state employment law developments and other issues and/or trends currently impacting the HR workspace
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with internal colleagues and clients, at all levels of an organization
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to simultaneously and seamlessly manage multiple projects for multiple clients at any given time
- PHR or SPHR Certification is preferred
- Prior HR Consulting experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 40 - 50%
Back to top