Senior Consultant-Enterprise Transformation Services
Baker Tilly’s principles of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. With offices consistently earning ‘best place to work’ honors and as a top-ranked firm, Baker Tilly recognizes that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future. Based on the growth we are planning, Baker Tilly is actively recruiting bright, talented individuals who have a passion to succeed.
Due to the continued growth of our consulting practice, we are currently recruiting for a Transformation Senior Consultant to join our Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI offices. As a part of Baker Tilly Consulting, you will find that our global brand and entrepreneurial environment will give you the support you need to apply your industry and technical experience to build your career across a wide range of services to meet our client’s most important needs. As a member of our team, you will also contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm which include operating and growing the business, serving the client, developing the best people, and shaping our culture.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Lead functional and solution design aligning business objectives with technology implementation
- Work with application development team through the lifecycle of a project.
- Manage forecasting, negotiating and tracking project costs/budgeting throughout the application development project lifecycle.
- Manage business transformation projects in various industries which include business process changes and technology implementation over the entire lifecycle of a project
- Act as the liaison among the executive committee members, stakeholders, and development team
- Manage project team members through the lifecycle of a project. Create and facilitate solution architecture designs and provide the overall management of the process.
- Identify project risks and communicate with appropriately with project stakeholders to avoid and mitigate potential issues
- Develop, manage, and be able to communicate long term road-maps which describe delivering large scale solutions via a series of projects.
- Manage third party vendor relationships to resource specific development needs
- Manage and execute test plan activities
- Create functional and conceptual technical deliverables as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience; previous related consulting experience highly preferred.
- Previous “hands on” system implementation project experience is highly preferred, for example, experience with SQL scripting, relational database design, report authoring, business rules development, analytical software development, etc.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
- Ability to decompose scope into detailed activities and deliverables, then conduct work package handoff to delivery resources from Baker Tilly, client team, and third party vendors
- Project experience with full lifecycle application development (e.g. requirements gathering, use case development, system analysis and design, integration, testing, deployment)
Back to top