Senior Consultant - Utilities and Public Sector Organizations
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to join our Public Sector and Utility Consulting team in our Austin, TX and Chicago, IL offices.
Baker Tilly’s Public Sector and Utility Consulting team consults for various public sector entities, including state, local, and tribal governments as well as public utilities and K-12 schools. The Public Sector and Utility Consulting group has provided clients operational, financial, compliance, risk advisory, and process improvement services. Our team includes a diverse array of talent including well versed project managers, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Public Accountants, and specialists in other areas (human resources, work force planning, engineering, etc.).
As an experienced Consultant, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, to assist clients with solutions to help them meet their operational, organizational, and strategic needs. Through management or risk consulting efforts, you will partner with our clients to:
- Assist public sector entities of all types to operate efficiently.
- Evaluate financial and operational risks and enhance internal controls and the internal control environment.
- Provide an independent, objective analysis of the organization’s strategy, organizational structure, and operations.
- Ensure alignment of resources – people, process, and technology – with key strategic goals and priority service areas.
- Develop tactical approaches to implement changes in strategy, service delivery, technology and/or policy.
Baker Tilly will offer you a variety of experience and the freedom to perform projects, meet clients and prospects that many firms would not at this level of experience. Your colleagues are fun, interesting, driven and have a strong desire to learn more about our business and grow our practice. You will have a defined long-term career path and your Performance Counselor will help guide you in your Baker Tilly career.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
What you'll do:
- Work on a diverse array of management and risk consulting projects, including operational and organizational assessments, risk assessment and internal audit, business process reviews, and system selection and implementation services.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities in the execution of consulting workplans.
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with project managers, team members, and client contacts.
- Lead client interviews to better understand processes and to recommend improvements.
- Effectively support the presentation of conclusions and recommendations using visuals and written content.
- Assist in researching issues and prepare whitepapers on current industry trends and issues.
- Assist in developing articles, sales proposals and presentations for new business development and client purposes.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MPA or MBA highly desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of internal audit and/or management consulting experience preferred.
- Proficiency using spreadsheets, flowcharting software and other automated tools to analyze issues and present recommendations.
- Ability to author reports and write technical issues in an understandable approach for a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop public presentations highlighting recommendations and advisory services through succinct, compelling and understandable formats.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, research and resolve client management issues, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding strategies and regulations, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
- Ability to travel up to 50% for client engagements.
Back to top