Senior Consultant, Risk and Internal Audit Consulting, Business Process Focus
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Due to the continued growth of our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice, we are currently interviewing for a Senior Staff Consultant to join our Chicago, IL office location! Our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Fraud Examiners, former industry leaders and contract experts who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to our clients. Our leadership team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, higher education, financial services, healthcare, professional services and other businesses.
As a Senior Staff Consultant, in our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings that span all stages of Risk Services to include:
- Compliance Program Development
- Internal Controls
- General hands on GAAP support
- Program/Project Management
- Fraud Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Process Re-Engineering and Data Analytics
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause’s values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly being ranked as one of the top public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning “best place to work” honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing internal audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed for client projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 2+ year of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal & External Audit and Internal Controls with previous SOX experience in a professional. services environment. Prefer experience with Higher Education, Manufacturing and Real Estate/Construction clients. Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%.
- CPA/CIA Certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
Back to top