Senior Associate - Federal Advisory
- Tysons Corner, VA
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
Baker Tilly's values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Our offices consistently earn "the best place to work" honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us where we are today and where we will go in the future.
We are currently searching for a Federal Senior Consultant to join our Financial Advisory Services (FAS) practice.
Baker Tilly has a fast growing practice area in Federal CFO Advisory Services that assists our clients with many issues that face financial and accounting functions. The Office of the CFO (OCFO) is faced with a complex mix of duties from traditional accounting, finance and treasury functions to budget formulation, execution and oversight to regulatory compliance and company risk management. These complex and divergent requirements often drive the need to obtain support from highly qualified accountants and consultants to provide support when the OCFO needs it most. Baker Tilly delivers solutions to such clients in certain key areas such as:
- Audit readiness support
- Project based accounting support
- Financial restatements
- Audit finding remediation
- Internal controls
- Fair value and valuation matters
- Financial planning & analysis
- Interim management assistance
- Technical accounting assistance
Our goal is to solve problems and make improvements that will free the OCFO organization up so that they are able to focus on growing and improving their overall business.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This practice area has professionals with multi-disciplines and experiences that are drawn upon to assist our clients with practical and hands-on support. We have senior team members that have served as Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, financial statement auditors, and financial analysts that are all highly credentialed. It is a high performing team that enjoys learning from one another and serving our clients.
Your immediate responsibilities will be to:
- Support the OCFO in areas of audit readiness, response and management
- Analyze clients' current financial management processes and operations through research and client interviews
- Assist with the planning and execution of corrective action plans
- Develop financial management strategies and assessing progress against implementation goals
- Plan and conduct benchmarking of financial management operations to target areas for improvement
- Define and develop models to analyze financial management costs to target areas for improvement
- Lead staff in documenting clients' current and future processes both graphically (process maps, diagrams) and with written text
- Develop creative solutions to transform financial management operations based on individual client needs
- Support the development of methodologies to address specific financial management issues
- Mentor and provide direction to junior staff
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Assist in the analysis, research and support of technical accounting issues.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- 3-5 years' experience in a large accounting firm in audit and/or financial advisory services experience with proficiency in US GAAP and FASAB
- Federal experience / knowledge of U.S. federal financial regulations
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant, or pursuing certification
- Knowledge of accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives, OMB Circular A-123 and/or SOX 404, testing and reporting requirements
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, research and resolve issues, demonstrated commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level client personnel, including supporting the preparation of and participating in executive briefings
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytical skills (e.g., use of Microsoft Excel and/or Access to analyze data)
- Experience managing small teams in advising clients and presenting solutions.
- US government experience is a plus (either through federal employment, military service, or consulting to federal agencies)
Back to top