Senior Administrative Assistant
Do you have an outgoing personality? Enjoy working with others? Are you organized and have a strong attention to detail? Are you looking for an opportunity at a firm you can call home? If yes, this could be a great opportunity for you. Baker Tilly's Oak Brook office is searching for a team player to join the administrative team working closely with leaders and associates to provide exceptional client services in the accounting and consulting space.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This position provides advanced administrative and office support under limited supervision.
Provide high level administrative support to partner, team and office
- Perform word processing, data entry, maintain files, generate and assemble reports, answer and screen telephone calls and schedule meetings and appointments
- Anticipate needs of supported employees and provide assistance where applicable
- Analyze reports and provide to appropriate managers
- Review and track expense reports
- Handles sensitive and confidential information on a regular basis with discretion
Assist with general office functions
- File, fax, print and assemble documents, coordinate mail and coordinate supplies and delivery
- Schedule and prepare conference rooms (including food orders, beverages and clean-up) and assist with projects as requested
- Provide backup and work as a team
Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current.
- Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills.
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or its equivalent with seven (7) or more years of prior administrative support experience required.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and proofreading skills.
- Minimum 60 wpm typing speed required. Advanced working knowledge of MS Office suite and any other specialized software required to do the job. Outlook and scheduling experience. Experience with office machines, including facsimile, high speed copier, multi-line phone, dictation equipment (machine/tapes) and 10 key calculators required.
- Keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to follow directions/procedures required. Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment with frequent interruptions.
- Minor accounting experience as well as a knowledge of CaseWare a plus
- Associate degree
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top