Senior Accountant, Audit
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently looking for an ambitious Senior Audit Accountant to join our Tysons, VA office.
- Oversee the day to day activities of financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed upon procedures and special projects
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues, based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired
- CPA preferred
- At least three years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills
Back to top