Seasonal Staff Assistant Accountant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Our Seasonal Staff Assistant Accountant ais an important part of our team. This position is available through our peak season starting in January through April and will be responsible for assisting the preparation of client work. Our clients include privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development – from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our team members with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
- Provide advanced administrative services pertaining to accounting, bookkeeping or payroll. Includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, statement reconciliation, journal entries, general ledger, processing payroll and quarterly and year end reporting.
- Examine and analyze accounting records; prepare complex accounting, bookkeeping and payroll statements and reports.
- Present statements and reports to client and in addition provide analysis and consultation.
- Communicate with client to discuss accounting, bookkeeping and payroll concerns.
- Manage client relationship.
- Act as liaison to address client issues.
- Meet client service expectations through adhering to time budgets and maintaining positive client communications.
- Assist team leader in researching and providing additional services to client.
- Direct assignments.
- Communicate interactively with engagement team members.
- Review and evaluate client work and assign, as appropriate.
- Associate’s degree in a business related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile and keep financial records.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge, including typing and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced with Accounting Software (Quickbooks, Peachtree, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with preparation of basic personal, business, and payroll tax returns.
- Ability to prioritize work flow and coordinate activities as needed, as well as communicate effectively with others and work independently.
- Attention to detail and follow directions and procedure.
Back to top