Seasonal Audit Professional
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Our Seasonal Experienced Audit professionals are important part of our team. This position is available through our peak season starting in January through April and will be responsible for preparation of client work. Our clients include privately held and publicly traded companies, and occupy all stages of development – from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our team members with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
- Strong understanding of audit concepts, with a high level of technical proficiency.
- Prepare audit schedules utilizing information provided by clients by reviewing client information and inputting into information into software.
- Experience in supervision and review of various aspects of an audit engagement.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Secure all information required to prepare work papers in accordance with firm policies.
- Adhere to the firm’s written audit practice standards.
- Refer complex issues to manager for advice and counsel.
- Knowledge of audit schedules, reviews, some compilations and operating on caseware software.
- Provide a high level of customer service that continues to contribute toward the client’s retention.
- Maintain confidentiality of client files.
- Must have proven successful interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and satisfactory working relationships with intra-department and inter-department staff and clients.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions with ability to read, interprets, and presents information efficiently and effectively. Must maintain confidentiality of clients with tact and discretion.
- Must be flexible to meet high demands of seasonal program.
- Must be highly organized and willing to work extended hours during the peak program season.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree desired.
- CPA preferred.
- Five plus years of experience providing attest services in a professional services firm including two plus years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Caseware and GoFileRoom.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in a professional business environment.
- Strong attention to detail/accuracy; Strong organization skills.
Back to top