Sales & Use Tax Manager
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are actively seeking a Sales and Use Tax Manager to join our SALT practice, and to be based in our Chicago office.
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2017
- As a Sales and Use Tax Manager, within the Baker Tilly State and Local Tax (SALT) practice, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Business Development, Technical and Quality Expertise, and Client Service).
- Proven ability of building profitable long-term relationships with existing firm clients as well as onboarding new ones
- Provide excellent client service to multistate companies with sales and use tax issues by interacting with clients and the Baker Tilly tax team
- Experience with sourcing and taxability of SaaS as well as serving start-up technology companies extremely desirable
- Review sales and use compliance and provide state tax consulting, including: nexus studies, technical research, exposure quantification, voluntary disclosures, audit defense, reverse sales tax audits, ASC 450 reviews, technology, planning and other state tax consulting
- Provide excellent client service to multi-state companies with sales and use tax issues including compliance, advisory services, planning, technology, and controversies
- Serve as a Valued Business Advisor to Baker Tilly clients, and mentor or coach to one or more employees
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell various SALT services
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, CMI or CPA designation required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in a professional services firm providing attest services including two (2) plus year's supervisory experience.
- Possess thorough knowledge of a variety of state and local sales and use tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well as tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, reverse audits and state controversy work
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top