Risk & Internal Audit Manager
- Chicago, IL
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing consulting and accounting firms in the country?
Would you like the ability to join a highly dynamic team focused on providing exceptional client service in the areas of risk and advisory?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Risk and Internal Audit Manager! Our Risk and Internal Audit practice is made up of 300+ professionals across the U.S., providing a full spectrum of risk, governance, internal audit, compliance and cyber security services by industry needs. As a member of this talented team, you will help clients take a strategic approach to risk, enabling them to accelerate change that supports their goals and objectives. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You would like to work with a variety of middle market clients to help them solve their most complex risk challenges. Clients span many industries including higher education, healthcare, government contracting, financial services, not-for-profit, manufacturing, real estate, professional services and other businesses.
- You want to continue to expand your leadership experiences and hone your skills in the areas of compliance program development, internal controls, project management, business process re-engineering, internal audit, enterprise risk management and data analytics.
- You crave a leadership opportunity to help build a fast growing, entrepreneurial Risk and Internal Audit practice where your hard work and creativity will be rewarded.
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration, gives you visibility to leadership and truly enjoys working together.
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow.
- Be a trusted advisor to middle market companies, typically $200 million - $2 billion in revenue, assess, manage and optimize risk to protect and enhance their value and drive operational efficiencies. This includes:
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to ensure clients' risks are managed
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients' businesses and industries and providing recommendations to client executives, Boards of Directors and management teams that will deliver improvements to their operations, processes and business objectives
- Provide strategic business assurance to clients by assisting in the implementation of new processes and controls that address key risks
- Draft comprehensive executive summaries and final reports for delivery to the client, documenting and reviewing engagement work papers in accordance with industry-accepted internal audit methodologies
- Assist with managing client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related program
- CPA, CIA, CPM or CISA certifications preferred
- 5+ year(s) experience Risk Advisory, Internal & External Audit and Internal Controls
- 2+ year(s) of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates desired
- Experience as a client serving professional for a consulting firm desired
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
We are seeking an experienced IT and Internal Audit Risk Manager for our Chicago office. In this role, you will be mainly focusing on corporations, flow through entities and individual clients; although at times you may be exposed to other types of tax returns. Your role will also include assisting managers and partners with the client relationship, preparing returns, identifying planning opportunities, and providing additional services to clients. You will also need a genuine interest in developing a comprehensive understanding of the client's business and tax environment.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top