Risk Advisory Intern
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly is seeking Risk Advisory Interns for immediate, flexible, part-time to full-time openings in our Risk, Internal Audit, Cybersecurity (RIAC) practice. This team is comprised of professionals who are Technologists, Project Management Professionals, Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Information Systems Auditors, Certified Information Systems Security Professionals, Certified Fraud Examiners and former industry leaders who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet our client's needs and to offer them unique solutions. Our team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, higher education, financial services, healthcare, professional services and other businesses .
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As a Risk Advisory Intern in our RIAC practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings to include:
- Operational Internal Audit
- Financial Internal Audit
- Information Technology Audit
- IT Risk Assessments
- Outsourced IT Audit
- Co-sourced IT Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley IT Testing
- SSAE 16/SOC1, SOC2/3 Exams
- Third Party Vendor Audits
- Internal Controls Identification, Documentation and Testing
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Support
- General hands on GAAP support
- Fraud Investigations
- Business Process Re-Engineering
- Data Analytics
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2019/ 2020 school year in an Accounting, MIS Degree, or related
- Availability to begin a minimum of 15 hours a week with flexible days and hours
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 required with at least a 3.2 GPA preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship as a full-time employee
Back to top