Risk Advisory and Internal Audit Services Senior Consultant
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing internal audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients’ businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client’s operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and engagement management.
- Train, supervise and mentor staff consultants.
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities by participating in sales meetings and working on proposals.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal & External Audit and Internal Controls with previous SOX experience in a professional services environment. Prefer experience with Higher Education, Government Contracting and Real Estate/Construction clients. Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
- CPA/CIA/CFE Certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
Back to top