Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide pleasant and welcoming first point of contact for incoming telephone calls and office visitors by answering calls in a timely manner, greeting visitors and assisting them appropriately
- Maintains image of the firm by keeping the lobby and guest conference rooms neat and organized
- May be required to train other team members that provide back up reception
- May be asked to schedule and prepare conference rooms for meetings (including food orders, beverages and clean-up) and assist with special projects as requested
- Competent in general office functions including filing, scanning and/or faxing documents as directed, mailing/shipping and delivering mail
- May have data entry duties, and/or provide light word processing back up as needed
- Works as part of clerical team and provides back up as trained and necessary, per office requirements
- Two or more years of prior clerical/reception experience required, as well as high school diploma/GED
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Average computer skills necessary, including basic typing/keyboarding skills. Minimum 30 wpm required.
- Experience with office machines, including facsimile, high speed copier, multi-line phone and 10 key calculator preferred
- Ability to pay attention to detail and follow directions/procedures required, as well as prioritize calls and visitors
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time
Back to top