Real Estate Partner
- New York, NY
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing public accounting firms?
Would you like the ability to focus on providing leadership In one of the fastest growing markets within Baker Tilly through the development, coordination and execution of strategic and operational plans that support our New York Market Real Estate Practice and firm objectives.
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as an Real Estate Partner! This is a great opportunity to be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused audit or tax services to real estate clients. You will work side-by-side with firm leadership to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm's success. Additionally, you will be a mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills. If you are invigorated by these exciting challenges, then this could be the right opportunity for you! As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for an opportunity to build your career in a specific industry, becoming an industry expert to the clients you serve
- You can see yourself as a trusted business advisor, working face-to-face with clients to find creative solutions to complex accounting and business challenges
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm that serves middle market clients and whose owners have both their clients' and employees' best interests in mind and are transparent in their decisions
- You value your development and want to work for a firm that provides you the autonomy to own your schedule and career through structured programs (ask us about My Time Off, My Development and Dress for Your Day!)
- You want to contribute to your engagement team's professional growth and develop your own leadership skills to build a career with endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
- Be a trusted member of the engagement team providing various assurance or tax services to industry real estate clients
- Protectively engaging with your clients throughout the year to understand business goals and challenges
- Managing all fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Playing an active role in providing valuable financial statement guidance and business recommendations based upon various testing performed and information gathered
- Manage client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Represent Baker Tilly and develop relationship in the local marketplace, participate in relevant industry events and undertake speaking engagements
- Facilitate practice growth initiatives in the New York Market
- Operate within and effectively leverage Baker Tilly's matrixed structure of industry, service and geography to develop and execute growth strategies and work in close coordination with regional and national leaders for the firm's Real Estate Practice
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA required
- Eight (8)+ years' experience providing financial statement auditing services or tax services in a professional services firm required.
- Experience working with commercial real estate companies, with domestic and international elements
- Experience advising institutional, private equity and other fund investors on commercial real estate development projects and investments
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a matrixed organization with geographically dispersed colleagues in a fast-paced environment, conduct business in an ethical fashion and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Entrepreneurial nature and experience in building a practice
- A leader with a demonstrated ability to develop relationships and serve as a value architect
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship preferred
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top