Real Estate Federal Tax Partner
- Houston, TX
Are you looking to join an entrepreneurial firm which is one of the fastest growing in the US - one where you will be the \"go to\" partnership tax expert?
Are you inspired to lead a practice, lead people and make a difference for your clients?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly LLP (BT) as a Federal Tax Partner! Be a valued business advisor delivering industry-focused tax advisory and compliance services to middle market clients. You will work side-by-side with firm leadership and our associates to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm's success. You will be a valued mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to provide you with an amazing ownership experience working with some of the most entrepreneurial partners in our field.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are an expert in partnership tax and aspire to be the \"go to\" partner in Texas
- You are excited about the world of real estate and have strong technical expertise servicing this industry
- You want to work for a leading CPA advisory firm which is growing, growth means more opportunity
- You are passionate about contributing to your team's professional growth and your continued development, creating endless opportunities now, for tomorrow
- Be a trusted leader of Baker Tilly's tax services providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to construction and real estate clients positively impacting your clients through:
- Being a valued tax business advisor, leading client relationships on day to day tax matters with various clients ranging from middle market to multinational
- Consulting on technical matters and special projects in various areas of corporate and flow through taxation, accounting methods, and ASC740
- Researching various tax matters, responding to IRS and other tax authority inquiries, and making recommendations to the client for consideration
- Coordinating with specialty tax practices on complicated tax matters in the state and local, high net worth, international, research and development along with credits and incentives areas
- Overseeing tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, review complex tax research on a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates
- Providing recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives
- Manage client engagement staffing, billings/collections, and ensure client profitability targets are met
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with the goal of acquiring new clients, projects, and revenue. Actively participate in request for proposals to pursue additional clients/services for the firm
- Participates with other service line leadership in developing tax service market positioning and branding, strategy, and messaging
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals along with proactively supporting the recruitment efforts of future team members
- Demonstrate leadership, initiative, excellent team skills, and high ethical standards
- Represents the firm at key community events, firm functions, and other meetings
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters or advanced degree desirable
- CPA or JD required
- Eleven (11)+ years' experience providing federal tax compliance and consulting services in a professional services firm, relevant industry experience is considered
- Five (5)+ years' of supervisory experience, mentoring and counseling associates
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the \"big picture\" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
- Highly developed software and Microsoft Suite skills
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top