Real Estate Affordable Housing Financial Analyst
The Transaction Advisory Services team at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is comprised of dedicated, client-focused professionals. Whether it’s a sale, buyout, carve-out or refinancing, our highly specialized team supports every critical business decision before, during and after a transaction. Our employees thrive in a challenging, supportive environment, taking on a high level of responsibilities as a Valued Business Advisor to our clients. Performance is rewarded and there are many professional opportunities to grow within the team.
Within this team, Baker Tilly’s Housing practice has a deep understanding of complex real estate transactions, a passion for supporting the mission of community stakeholders, and a commitment to the financial and operational health of our clients' organizations in an increasingly-regulated environment. We serve housing developers, property owners, property managers, state housing credit agencies, public housing authorities, syndicators and investors across the United States, and our clients trust our proactive and experienced advice to manage compliance, development, risk and other strategic and operational issues. In the past 24 months, Baker Tilly has closed affordable housing deals totaling $626 million of equity from LIHTC and $29 million of historic tax credits; we’ve been involved in the review or/or direct completion of more than 10 percent of Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) applications; and we’ve closed RAD transactions totaling 1,250 units and $149 million in development costs.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
- Transaction structuring and financial modeling.
- Assist in securing financing and equity sources for transactions, and negotiation surrounding these sources.
- Assist with acquisition, preservation, disposition and recapitalization strategies for real estate portfolios.
- Assist with various aspects of transactions involving low-income and historic tax credits including preparing the relevant application materials and structuring the credits to ensure the value is maximized.
- Assist in writing, editing and organizing work product, including client reports and funding applications.
- Provide support in developing presentations, responding to requests for proposals, pitching books and creating proposals for the team.
- Research industry and technical issues, compile data, and present findings.
- General consulting to assist clients in achieving their objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance, required.
- One (1) to three years (3) of experience with financial modeling and/or underwriting bank debt highly desired, or relevant business experience, required.
- Qualified recent graduates with relevant work or internship experience may be considered.
- Experience with affordable housing funding sources, including low-income housing tax credits, HOME, FHLB, and HUD, preferred.
- Understanding of real estate financials and operating performance.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
- Highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service and demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top