Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with 33,600 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Write compelling and persuasive copy to support all aspects of proposals and related sales materials within client expansion and new business opportunities
- Facilitate proposal strategy and solutions conversations using the firm’s Insight Selling methodology, value propositions and proposal planning and development processes
- Coordinate proposal projects, including scheduling and participation in meetings with partners, business development professionals and other key stakeholders to develop proposal strategies and articulate proposed solutions
- Conduct research to support the development of a proposal
- Write, edit, format and proofread proposals
- Develop proposal-related presentation materials including handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI) or request for qualifications (RFQ) instructions and requirements
- Coordinate with all Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) contributing to the proposal effort
- Adhere to quality principles (responsive, compliant, concise, persuasive), firm brand guidelines and other criteria for compelling and consistent messaging and presentation
- Coordinate proposal production process, working with administrative support as appropriate
- Archive, track and monitor results and gather feedback to tailor and improve future proposals and maintain documentation required according to proposal protocol guidelines
- Develop new proposal content and update content repositories, as needed
- Write client testimonials and case studies used in proposals and presentations in conjunction with applicable industry and service line marketing managers
- Create charts, graphs and illustrations in support of proposals and presentations; identify and reuse existing graphics and visuals in documents where relevant; and consult with stakeholders to help develop graphical representations of concepts
- Collaborate with others on the marketing team as needed
- Continuously expand knowledge base in assigned specialized industries or services
- Work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, pro-actively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Provide writing and other marketing support as needed
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in proposal writing and in the services we provide
- Integrate new knowledge, skills and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned, including participating in special projects
- Excellent project and time management skills to balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to understand complex services and value propositions and communicate them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word, particularly using editing/collaborating functions; additional skills in InDesign and PowerPoint preferred
- Familiarity with Qvidian, Shipley and/or APMP proposal practices preferred
- A Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
- One to two years of writing experience, including proposals/RFPs, with advanced writing, proofreading, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Baker Tilly's Employees
Monica D.Partner, Risk, Internal Audit, & Cybersecurity Practice
Monica works to assist clients whose businesses face operational, financial, technological, reputational, or compliance-related challenges, and she spends her time equipping and supporting her team members to successfully meet those challenges.
Back to top