- Chicago, IL
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Are you ready for a new accounting challenge? Do you want to use your experience from public or private accounting in a new way? We're looking for a Property Accountant to join our outsourced client accounting practice. In this role, you will work in a cloud based environment and serve as a Property Accountant for multiple clients across the country, working with a team of professionals to provide property accounting services to their businesses. Come and join a fast growing team, where we can offer you variety in your client work to help you grow your skills and a steady schedule to allow for a healthy work/life balance!
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same and feel your skills and experience can be better utilized.
- You are comfortable using technology and would enjoy helping businesses become more automated through cloud based accounting solutions.
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, innovative practice where your hard work and creativity can help us continue to build, improve and advance.
- You believe that better data, allows for better advice, which leads to better results.
- You like a corporate accounting department schedule and environment, but also crave the investment in technology and training that an innovative CPA firm provides to accountants.
This role is a fit for you if you are:
- Looking to work within a team environment to help serve our clients as their outsourced accounting leader.
- A creative problem solver who enjoys learning new businesses and has the desire to become an advisor to clients in order to help them achieve their goals and dreams.
- Organized and able to push for high quality, efficient and profitable client engagements.
- A team player with strong communication skills and desire to work collaboratively with others to meet client needs.
- An accounting professional who enjoys staying on top of accounting trends and best practices.
- A detail orientated team member who can successfully work on multiple clients and juggle competing priorities.
- Passionate about learning and growing and someone who wants to offer best in class service to our clients.
What you'll Do
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial reporting package for each assigned property.
- Maintain, review and analyze all general ledger accounts for assigned properties. Functions include processing journal entries and updating supporting work paper schedules.
- Reconcile bank accounts including escrows and reserves held with financial institutions.
- Prepare fixed asset and depreciation schedules; reconcile to general ledger.
- Collaborate with Property Management to prepare monthly analysis of operating expenses against budget.
- Review and approve vendor invoices ensuring proper coding, approvals, and supporting documentation.
- Initiate wire transfers and process check runs as needed.
- Maintain accounting records for ownership entities holding real estate assets.
- Monitor compliance of certain ownership, debt and other agreements.
- Review agreements and determine appropriate compliance requirements, including but not limited to, reporting, covenants and due dates.
- Prepare investor and/or lender reporting deliverables for Client approval.
- Review Management agreements for reporting requirements.
- Prepare annualized income and expense projections each month to assist Clients in cash flow management and determining when investor approvals are required.
- Prepare and analyze periodic excess net cash flow distribution calculations.
- Assist Clients with preparation and delivery of capital call and distribution notices to Investors.
- Reconcile capital activity to Statement of Members' Capital.
- Prepare journal entries related to significant transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and financings.
- Prepare data to support the annual financial statement audit and preparation of tax returns.
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budget.
- Work alongside Property Management to prepare tenant reconciliation settlements in accordance with stipulated lease terms including, but not limited to, operating expenses, real estate taxes and utilities.
- Participate in special projects and prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- 1+ yrs. of experience with a public accounting (includes exposure to commercial real estate) or commercial real estate firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office software and experience with Yardi and MRI a plus.
- Ability to communicate information succinctly and anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis.
- Aptitude to be detail-oriented, yet flexible, in a dynamic environment with a focus on meeting deadlines.
- Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues and across various departments
- Strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty, integrity and discretion
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Back to top