Private Equity - Business Development Director
- New York, NY
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
- Understand all key service offerings well enough to know and explain their application in the markets served by your sponsoring team(s) to key decision-making executives in the marketplace
- Have conversational knowledge of other major service offerings outside of your team(s) with intersection into your target market(s); to leverage Firm strategy of providing or enhancing value for an integrated-reinforcing marketplace
- Perform regular, aggressive and prompt follow up on all Firm-generated leads assigned from campaigns, or ad hoc requests from practice leadership
- Maintain a clear understanding of who your team wishes to target for BD purposes - and why. Help refine and stay on top of "ideal" client profiles and work streams to remain aligned with practice leadership
- Regularly inform practice leadership of changing market dynamics and other factors influencing accounts of strategic importance
- Regularly document BD activities in CRM and maintain an up-to-date "pipeline" of qualified opportunities, using Firm protocols for documentation
- Attain closed business revenue goals associated with both new accounts and existing client accounts (as appropriate), to ensure a profitable return to Firm each FY
- Participate as a key team member on all relevant market development meetings and other in-house discussions
- Collaborate with other BD leaders and practice leaders for an integrated Go-to-Market (GTM) approach
- Perform account planning and key account research to optimize BD efforts and account penetration
- Make primary out-reach efforts, coordinated with marketing personnel on campaigns including prospect calls, emails and other mechanisms to secure appointments with COI individuals
- This role will require travel throughout the NY area regularly and no more than 30% travel outside of NY.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university required; Graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in professional services ((e.g. accounting, law, IT, engineering, management consulting, etc.)
- Ability to work under a defined and planned directive with minimal direct day to day supervision for implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to regularly commute to the New York office at One Penn Plaza
- Ability to travel 50-80% as needed
Back to top