Paraprofessional (Accounting Associate)
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are seeking a Paraprofessional to join our York, PA office location.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Provide bookkeeping and payroll support with limited supervision.
- Posting entries to general ledger accounts and maintenance of general ledger; payroll processing; quarterly and year end payroll reporting; preparation of account reconciliations.
- Manage client relationship.
- Act as liaison with clients
- Meet client service expectations through adhering to time budgets and deadlines and maintaining positive client communications.
- Assist team members with providing additional services to clients.
- Direct assignments.
- Communicate interactively with engagement team members
- Work collaboratively to service clients and complete engagements
- Associate's degree in a business related field with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in accounting, bookkeeping or payroll. Experience in lieu of degree may be accepted.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to classifying, recording, and summarizing data and making computations to compile and keep financial records.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge: Experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel; Experienced with Quickbooks and Peachtree accounting software
- Ability to prioritize work flow and coordinate activities as needed, as well as communicate effectively with others and work independently. Attention to detail and ability to follow directions and procedures.
Back to top