NFP Audit Staff Accountant - Eau Claire
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
We are seeking an Audit Staff Accountant for our Not-for-Profit & Governmental Services team in our Eau Claire Office.
At Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, we invest in our people. As you begin your career, you will participate in our formal on-boarding and technical training and development program, and then be encouraged to continue lifelong learning through our on-going training courses and programs. You will learn and enhance your technical skills by working directly on client engagements with select groups of Senior Accountants, Managers and Partners, all with specialized experience and technical knowledge. As you progress in your career with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to some of the most important activities in our firm including operating the business and shaping our culture.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly Virchow Krause!
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver quality service to clients by performing accounting, auditing and consulting services that are primarily technical in nature.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction.
- Pro-actively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in accounting and completion of 150 credit requirement to become a CPA, required.
- Outstanding academic performance required, with a minimum of a 3.0 gpa and a 3.2 gpa preferred
- Relevant internship, work experience and/or involvement with a professional organization
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Ability to travel during summer months.
Back to top