The marketing associate is primarily responsible for assisting with marketing activities that execute the strategic marketing plans of one or more specific industries or service lines. The marketing associate provides hands-on assistance for a wide range of marketing strategies, tactics and initiatives in support of other market facing activities and assists the marketing team through delegated work as requested.
Content and Asset Development
- Provide writing and marketing assistance for a wide range of marketing strategy and content tactics that support the execution of go-to-market plans and other growth initiatives through activities such as: demand generation and nurturing campaigns, thought leadership, webinars, videos, sponsorships, special events, seminars, trade show exhibits, advertising and communications.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of marketing strategy and content activities to support go-to-market plans.
- Assist supervisor and other marketing colleagues in developing and maintaining up-to-date collateral, intranet and website pages, thought leadership, case studies and other content.
- Assist with public relations article placement opportunities. Assist with the generation of thought leadership and story ideas.
- Follow processes and best practices to enable the tracking of marketing return on investment.
- Collaborate with colleagues as appropriate to plan and execute work
- Utilize marketing department shared resources as appropriate to help execute initiatives.
- Participate in planning, project-specific, and team meetings, as necessary.
- Ensure alignment with marketing strategy, positioning and messaging in industry, service or other content developed
- Ensure compliance with firm guidelines and brand standards.
- Continuously expand knowledge base in assigned specialized industries or services.
- Participate in marketing task forces and special projects
- Assist in conducting online research of specific thought leadership topics and business needs/issues
- Use internal and external research as needed when executing work
- Integrate new knowledge, skills, and best practices into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, English, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 1+ years marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience writing informative, engaging, and persuasive content is required. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff from entry level to partners and work well in a team-focused environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of marketing tools and techniques. Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, business-related social media and Salesforce.com helpful. Experience with marketing automation tools preferred.
- Proficient project management skills and the flexibility to prioritize multiple project requests simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner.
- Previous professional services experience or marketing internship, preferred.
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.