Manager, Transaction Advisory Services
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn , Facebook and Twitter .
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
At Baker Tilly, we invest in our people. We believe in continuous learning and development and have a number of programs to ensure the success of our people. As we continue to grow our Transaction Services practice, we are seeking to add an experienced Manager to join our Transaction Services team in our Chicago, IL office. In this role, you will provide due diligence and transaction advisory services to our clients to meet their complex financial needs.
Our clients include privately held and publicly traded companies, private equity funds, mezzanine funds, banks, and business development companies. This multi-faceted client base allows us to provide our staff with a variety of opportunities across numerous industries, and a constant flow of challenging and meaningful work.
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements and act as a resource for engagement team members through application of extensive knowledge and experience.
Interact directly with Partners on matters related to client and engagement management.
- Preparation of quality of earnings reports.
- Research and financial analysis of target companies.
- Due diligence for buy-side, sell-side, and corporate finance transactions.
- Opportunities for career development and to advance within the transaction advisory services group.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Participate in business development efforts to include working collaboratively with Senior Managers, Partners, and Marketing to target and build relationships with client prospects and acquire additional business.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and participate in individual's performance appraisal process.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree or other advanced degree a plus.
- CPA required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience providing transaction advisory services / due diligence in a professional services firm including two (2) plus years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship building, personal development, collaboration, data management, and problem solving along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills.
- Professional designations or candidacy (CFE, CFA, etc.).
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
Back to top