Manager, Risk and Internal Audit Consulting, Technology Focus
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Due to Baker Tilly Virchow Krause's continued growth of our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice, we are currently recruiting for a Technology Risk Services Manager. As a member of our Technology Risk Services team, you will provide technology consulting services to many of the region's leading companies and organizations. Our clients span many industries including higher education, manufacturing & distribution, government, financial services, not-for-profit, and other businesses.
Baker Tilly professionals are committed to help clients navigate and manage risks associated with using, deploying and managing information systems. Our services include information technology audits, risk assessments and consulting in the areas of:
- Information Security & Privacy Assessments
- System Implementation Support & Project Management
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Process Improvement/Re-engineering
- Incident Response & Investigation
- Project Quality Assurance Reviews
IT Audit and Risk Assessments
- IT Risk Assessments
- Outsourced IT Audit
- Co-sourced IT Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley IT Testing
- SSAE 16/SOC1, SOC2/3 Exams
- Third Party Vendor Audits
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2017
- Assume responsibility for all project phases and work directly with clients in accomplishing project objectives.
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions and projects.
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level.
- Apply insights and knowledge of enterprise IT to enable clients to solve complex business problems.
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance counseling to consultants, clients and project team members.
- Balance client, new business development and practice development activities, including active participation in internal projects and operations along with complying with firm standards.
- Contribute to the general management of the RIAC Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development
- Build expertise and share your knowledge of a variety of technologies including cloud computing, mobile devices, Windows, UNIX, firewalls, databases, web-based applications, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Work closely with client executives and management teams to understand their businesses and consult with them regarding risks and controls
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with other bright, motivated professionals, and assist with the development of our growing team
- Bachelor's Degree in Management/Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related program
- 5+ year(s) experience in IT or accounting/finance preferred
- Experience assessing or performing technology management processes including:
- System development life cycle
- Change management
- Network, database, and operating system administration
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Security administration
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CIA, or CPA certifications preferred
Back to top