Manager, Risk and Internal Audit Consulting, Business Process Focus
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
Due to the continued growth of our Risk Advisory and Internal Audit Services Practice, we are currently interviewing Managers for our Chicago, IL Office. Our Risk Advisory Service Practice is comprised of professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Fraud Examiners, former industry leaders and contract experts who have the technical expertise to deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer solutions to our clients. Our leadership team speaks and publishes frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our clients span many industries including manufacturing and distribution, higher education, financial services, healthcare, professional services and other businesses
As a Manager, in our Risk Advisory and Internal Audit Services Practice, you will work with a select group of professionals aligned, in an entrepreneurial environment to provide service offerings that span all stages of Risk Services to include:
- Internal Audit
- Compliance Program Development
- Internal Controls
- Program/Project Management
- Fraud Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Assume responsibility for all project phases and work directly with clients in accomplishing project objectives.
- Deliver exceptional client service in all client interactions and projects.
- Communicate effectively, both internally and to clients, including those at an executive level.
- Develop and execute methodologies and solutions
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and performance counseling to consultants, clients and project team members.
- Balance client, new business development and practice development activities, including active participation in internal projects and operations along with complying with firm standards.
- Contribute to the general management of the Practice and develop and implement a personal plan which sets goals for professional and practice development.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA/CIA/CFE Certification.
- At least 5 years of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal Audit and Internal Controls and SOX. Prefer experience with Higher Education, Government Contracting and Real Estate/Construction clients. Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Previous experience in a professional services environment with success in building out a Practice
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and facilitation skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to 50%
Back to top