Manager, Digital Workspace
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This position will manage the firm’s “next-generation intranet” as a digital destination for communication, collaboration, knowledge management, culture advancement and team member engagement. This position translates the firm’s strategy into compelling visual and written communication that is the centerpiece of the firm’s digital workspace (intranet) for team members to communicate, connect and collaborate. This position is a critical interface between practitioners and technology, working with leadership and stakeholders to bring original content to life and guiding best practices and adoption of the digital workspace. Includes digital workspace vendor management.
- Write original content for the firm’s digital workspace (intranet), including the creation of complementary visual elements (or oversight of 3rd-party design as needed)
- Update and post content on firm’s digital workspace (intranet) for the landing page and firm-related sites, keeping material fresh and relevant
- Serve as Valued Business Advisor for internal stakeholders regarding content creation
- Manage digital workspace analytics reporting and analysis
- Act as a liaison with digital workspace vendor
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- 5-8 years of related experience in a communications role
- Formally responsible for setting policy associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities.
- Project management – scoping work, prioritizing workflow, managing deadlines, liaising with stakeholders and vendor management
- Technical – ability to work within the existing digital environment of the intranet (e.g., currently SharePoint), mastering all of the features/functions relevant for curating and posting content (does not require coding but does require functional understanding)
- Digital Design – working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
- Communications Tools – expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of communications and employee engagement trends
- Analytics – summarizing, interpreting and using for continuous improvement
- Exceptional verbal, editing and writing skills using a variety of writing styles (e.g., corporate, narrative, storytelling, etc.)
- Strong visual/brand skills – ability to create complementary visual elements to accompany written communication. May involve oversight of a 3rd-party designer for more complicated design needs
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence and drive alignment and consensus among stakeholders across all levels and functions, from staff to leadership
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the utmost discretion and diplomacy in handling confidential/sensitive information and adhering to the highest ethical standards
Back to top