Manager - Commercial Tax (incl. International Tax)
- New York, NY
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Bolstered by the opportunities brought along by tax reform and technology innovation, our dynamic Commercial Tax Group is experiencing a vibrant growth within the middle-market sector. The Tax Manager will lead all aspects of tax services to international taxpayers, focusing on inbound and outbound businesses as well as international investors and high-net-worth families, experiencing unique opportunities for professional development.
- Lead client relationships on day-to-day tax matters supporting partners with development and execution of extended and complex service plans.
- Plan and manage execution of data collection, analysis, and modeling with regard to complex foreign subsidiaries structures, including GILTI computations, Sec. 962 elections, foreign tax credit, Subpart F analysis, PFIC tests, E&P computations.
- Perform detailed and topside review of corporate, partnership, and individual returns, focusing on international matters and forms (5471, 5472, 1118, 1116, Sec. 163(j), GILTI, 1042, 1120-F, etc.).
- Research and consult on various tax matters, including corporate and partnership tax, inbound and outbound taxation, state & local taxes; make recommendations to the clients or partners in charge.
- Lead projects requiring coordination with specialty tax groups in the international, state and local, credits/incentives, tax methods, transfer pricing, and reorganization areas.
- Develop and expand compliance and planning tools to support tax services to international taxpayers.
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Identify training opportunities and participate in the delivery of CPE sessions, especially in the international tax area.
- Provide recommendations for business innovation and process improvements relative to the client's operations and objectives as well as the internal processes of the firm.
- Proactively participate in practice development by contributing to thought leadership and identifying service opportunities; team with partners on proposals and business development calls.
- Contribute to project revenue and profit objectives through effective management of budgeting, project execution, invoicing, and collecting functions.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Work closely with specialty tax groups in the international, state and local, credits/incentives, tax methods, transfer pricing, and reorganization areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent; MST, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax services, including 2+ year's supervisory experience. Some experience servicing international inbound companies is preferred.
- Prior experience with international tax compliance and planning, including Subpart F income, GILTI, foreign tax credits. Some experience servicing international inbound companies is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of principles of federal taxation (accounting methods, individual, partnership, corporate)
- Proven ability to analyze foreign information sources, understand unusual and/or incomplete data sets, apply judgment in reaching defensible conclusions
- Strong interest in developing a career working with global taxpayers, assisting a diverse and challenging client base.
- Strong tax research and professional writing skills.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
Back to top