Baker Tilly’s Advisory team serving the manufacturing and distribution industries has the people, processes and knowledge to help companies achieve their desired growth and operational goals. We act as Valued Business Advisors who understand the importance of considering stakeholder needs while maintaining an objective perspective. As clients reach key inflection points on the growth curve, our consulting team provides specific services designed to maximize their growth and efficiency.
Consider joining us as a Senior Consultant and make a difference with us!
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Be a trusted member of the consulting team providing services to help clients achieve their maximum potential in the areas of growth, technology, risk/compliance, international operations, personnel, finance and innovation
- Strategically guide clients to focus on customer experience and digitization as a way to expand and grow their business
- Positively impact your clients' ability to effectively launch new products, enhance product distribution channels and manage fluctuating client demands and increase customer acquisition
- Provide simple and clear approaches to addressing poor customer satisfaction and product pricing concerns
- Assist organizations with global expansion to include in-depth market research, site selection, staffing and operations launch support, optimization of import and export capabilities, reducing barriers to global trade and determining talent identification and sourcing abroad
- Help clients analyze their supply chain and determine how best to maximize profit
- Utilize diagnostic tools to evaluate the current technology environment, determining whether it supports current and future growth
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and with your clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, Engineering, Math or Science required, Minor in Communications or Design desired
- Minimum three (3)+ years of experience within a business, experience in an operational role preferred
- Strong interest and aptitude for analytics and business intelligence with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and/or Access, common ERP systems, process design, data extraction, SQL, etc. desirable
- Experience with data visualization tools (PowerBI/Tableau/Qlik) preferred, understand and appreciate the importance of good graphic design in communication
- Aptitude for story-telling and a keen interest in “telling stories with data” and comfort in communicating with client C-suite (Sales, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Passion for serving clients in the Manufacturing and Distribution industry
- Ability to learn quickly, communicate ideas effectively, and utilize flexibility and creativity to present a variety of solutions
- Engage effectively with business and technical resources, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and exhibit a commitment to quality and timely completion of projects
- Base level of understanding of project management and requirements gathering
- Highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project (nice to have) required
- Flexibility for regular weekly travel to client sites and work as needed outside of normal business hours due to client demands
Back to top