Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a nationally recognized, full-service accounting and advisory firm whose specialized professionals connect with clients and their businesses through refreshing candor and clear industry insight. With approximately 2,700 employees across the United States, Baker Tilly is ranked as one of the 15 largest accounting and advisory firms in the country. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 147 territories, with over 33,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.4 billion.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
This position provides technology services to the enterprise through systems administration and direct support duties.
Support firm’s network operations and maintenance
- Implement, monitoring and supporting backup and disaster recovery operations as set forth by IT management.
- Responsible for operational aspects of networking, storage and server based computing technologies, including monitoring, capacity management, patching, and general maintenance.
- Troubleshoot complex problems which have significant impact on the firm, including:
- Problems with enterprise technology infrastructure
- Determining the nature and source of the problem
- Researching, developing and implementing corrective action.
- Responsible for networking, storage and server based computing technologies at the firm. This includes budgeting, design, implementation and support aspects of these foundational technologies.
- Implementation and support of firm wide technology initiatives as they relate to networking, storage, and server based computing technologies.
- Implement security standards and policies set forth by firm management as they relate to networking, storage, and server based computing technologies.
Provide redundancy for peer IT Engineer duties as required.
Assist in development of technology strategies for firm, including:
- Business applications
- Server based computing
- Other infrastructure planning
Provide direct support to end users.
Adhere to IT operational standards set forth by IT management, including service desk, change management, and service delivery.
Maintain technical knowledge by attending technical education, attending workshops, reading publications and pursuing technical certifications.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required
- 3-5 Years Systems administration skills, minimum 3 years’ experience in IT field.
- Major industry certifications from Microsoft and Cisco preferred.
Back to top