Internal Audit & Risk Senior Consultant - Financial Services
- Philadelphia, PA
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 146 territories, with 36,000 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.9 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The Internal Audit Senior is responsible for the coordination and completion of technical work on client engagements involving internal controls and assessment of risk while maintaining positive client relationships. This position provides creative and objective guidance for proactive, year-round planning to minimize client liabilities while complying with local, state, federal and/or international laws. This position is responsible for providing exceptional client service, demonstrating commitment to continuous learning, appropriately displaying ethical knowledge and practices and for exhibiting a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timely completion of duties.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing consulting and accounting firms in the country?
Would you like the ability to join a highly dynamic team focused on providing exceptional client service in the areas of risk and advisory?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as a Internal Audit & Risk Senior Consultant ! Our Risk and Internal Audit practice is made up of 300+ professionals across the U.S., providing a full spectrum of risk, governance, internal audit, compliance and cyber security services by industry needs. As a member of this talented team, you will help clients take a strategic approach to risk, enabling them to accelerate change that supports their goals and objectives. As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You would like to work with a variety of insurance and financial services clients to help them solve their most complex risk challenges
- You want to continue to expand your work experiences to hone your skills as a comprehensive Risk professional in the areas of internal controls, project management, business process re-engineering, internal audit, enterprise risk management and data analytics
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, entrepreneurial Risk and Internal Audit practice where your hard work and creativity will be rewarded
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration, gives you visibility to leadership and truly enjoys working together
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow
What you'll do:
- Be a trusted advisor to insurance and financial services companies , assess, manage and optimize risk to protect and enhance their value and drive operational efficiencies . This includes:
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to ensure clients' risks are managed
- Lead engagements, develop audit programs and reports
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients' businesses and industries and providing recommendations to client executives, Boards of Directors and management teams that will deliver improvements to their operations, processes and business objectives
- Provide strategic business assurance to clients by assisting in the implementation of new processes and controls that address key risks
- Assist in drafting comprehensive executive summaries and final reports for delivery to the client, documenting and reviewing engagement work papers in accordance with industry-accepted internal audit methodologies
- Learn and grow from direct on the job coaching and mentoring along with participating in firm wide learning and development programs
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related program
- CPA, CIA, CPM or CISA certifications preferred
- 2+ year(s) experience Risk Advisory, Internal & External Audit and Internal Controls
- Experience in the insurance or healthcare industries desired
- Experience as a client serving professional for a consulting firm desired
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
Back to top