Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing consulting and accounting firms in the country?
Would you like the ability to join a highly dynamic team focused on providing exceptional client service in the areas of risk and advisory?
If yes, consider joining Baker Tilly (BT) as an Internal Audit & Risk Senior Consultant! Our Risk Advisory practice provides a full spectrum of services to help our clients assess their risks, develop strategies to compete in an ever-changing business environment, and achieve their goals and objectives. All of this is accomplished through deep industry knowledge of risk, governance, internal audit, compliance, IT, and cybersecurity best practices.
As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You want to continue to expand your work experiences and hone your skills as a comprehensive risk professional in the areas of compliance, enterprise risk management, governance, internal controls, and data analytics
- You crave the opportunity to be part of a fast growing, entrepreneurial risk consulting practice where your hard work and creativity will be rewarded
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow
- Work closely with client executives and management teams to understand their businesses and assist in identifying and managing financial and operational risks within their business processes and systems
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients' businesses and industries by having direct client interaction while working on multiple aspects of an engagement
- Think independently and strategically about your clients' business, systems and risks providing recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes and business objectives
- Provide strategic business assurance to clients by assisting in the implementation of new processes and controls that address key risks
- Assess, manage and optimize information technology risk across a wide range of areas, including cybersecurity, IT strategy and governance, IT regulatory and compliance requirements, and business continuity and disaster recovery
- Review clients' processes and controls against industry frameworks, identifying gaps in design and execution, and communicating issues and recommendations to clients
- Assist in drafting comprehensive executive summaries and final reports for delivery to the client, documenting and reviewing engagement work papers in accordance with industry-accepted internal audit methodologies
- Act as a valued business advisor, build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service
- Facilitate professional and effective presentations to internal and external audiences
- Continue to develop your knowledge and experience working with a variety of technology environments, platforms, applications and tools/utilities
- Demonstrate the desire to continually grow, learn and develop skills and knowledge through external and internal education, training and cross-training opportunities to maximize personal contribution to the organizational goals and ongoing career development
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients
- Support the growth and development of team members through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related program
- CPA or CIA certifications preferred
- 2+ year(s) experience with risk advisory, internal/external audit, business process reengineering, and/or internal controls
- Experience as a client serving professional for a consulting firm desired
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- U.S. citizenship required
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.