- Madison, WI
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Join a strategic team focused on driving growth for Baker Tilly! This role is responsible for producing smart, digestible, and actionable insights into the technologies, business models, competitors, and market trends impacting our organization - now, for tomorrow. In conjunction with Practice / Market leaders, Innovation leaders, and Growth Strategies leaders, you will help identify emerging trends leveraging internal and external data and research and compile it into visually engaging and insightful research reports and briefs. Your work will help leaders across the firm identify opportunities for growth and you will collaborate together to interpret findings and formulate a growth strategy - considering the changes we should implement immediately, as well as those actions we should consider for the future.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
Participate on the execution of firm research requests.
- Utilize various research tools to conduct market research to analyze competitors; determine brand perceptions; evaluate markets; understand client needs, etc.
- Work with the Growth Strategies Analytics team and Finance to leverage applicable internal data to round out external data / research
- Write and present data-driven reports and briefs that combine firm data with outside data sets and research to identify key trends. Analyze the momentum of startups, companies, investments, competitors, clients, markets, geographies, disruptive technology, etc. and use this intel to help inform the growth strategies of our practices and markets
- Ensure deliverables meet the needs of the end users and are actionable - translate research and data into management insight / "so what" conclusions
Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Future Studies, Economics, Marketing or related field. Prior experience in a professional services firm preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of hands-on market related and analytical experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills required, especially with PowerPoint and Excel, including more advanced functions like pivot tables. Experience with Power BI a plus
- Experience with Qualtrics, Salesforce.com, Pardot, Tableau, or similar tools a plus
- Requires professionalism, strong project management skills, organization, creativity, ability to manage multiple project requests simultaneously in a timely manner, and ability to handle details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with all levels of staff and work well in a team-focused environment
- Ability to write in an engaging, concise manner, synthesizing complex research and data into meaningful conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high tolerance for change, naturally curious and inquisitive
- Strategic thinker and self-starter that can work independently and cross-functionally
- Solutions oriented with an ownership mindset, data driven and goal oriented
Back to top