High Net Worth - Tax Senior Manager/Manager
- Madison, WI
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
We are currently seeking a confident and proactive Senior Manager in the High Net Worth Tax group that is a true team player who likes to develop strong client relationships to join our dynamic and growing firm. If you have experience maintaining client relationships, developing senior associates & junior managers, reviewing client deliverables, and supporting firm initiatives, then let's be significant in the lives of others!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.
As a Senior Manager in the Baker Tilly High Net Worth Tax Group, you will provide experienced tax knowledge of complex individual, partnership, S-Corp, trust, estate, gift and state tax returns while providing strong leadership, communication, project management, and team building skills. You will collaborate with managers, directors, and partners within the group as you perform technical reviews of tax returns and participate proactively in client meetings and tax planning efforts.
- Perform technical review of tax documents
- Provide comprehensive tax planning and structuring consultations
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues in the office, other service lines, engagement/project teams and clients
- Be accessible, anticipate client needs, questions, and issues
- Schedule internal and external deadlines to meet client expectations for delivery
- Understand firm's strategy, practice areas, and service offerings, and be actively involved in proposal activities and networking efforts
- Supervise senior members, review their work for completeness and accuracy, provide review points with guidance for colleagues and provide client delivery
- Regularly look for opportunities, recommendations, and additional firm services that could benefit client
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without future sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree
- Active CPA license
- 7+ years of Public Accounting experience demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of tax engagements completed simultaneously or a combination of family office and (4 years minimum) public accounting experience
- Concentrated experience with trust, estate, gift, complex individual and state tax returns
- Proficient experience with corporate, partnership, S-Corp income taxation and tax-exempt organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (public speaking skills a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Must be highly organized and capable of managing multiple tasks in a complex, dynamic environment
- Proficient knowledge of automated tax processing systems and Microsoft Office tools
- Expert understanding, comprehension, and ability to articulate various business processes and tax law
- Proven leadership, communication, project management, and team building skills
- Trust and confidence of the partner group and staff
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation
- 8+ years of Public Accounting experience
- Exceptional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Take responsibility to develop others by sharing experiences, educating others on firm procedures, and on-the-job training
- Provide opportunities for senior members to supervise staff members and provide guidance
- Experience using GoSystem and/or CCH Pro Systems fx tax software
- Experience using Bloomberg BNA tax research
Back to top